The purpose is to contribute to a South African international trade dispensation that supports the growth and development of the dairy industry in South Africa.
The international trade dispensation covers issues such as :
- Ordinary customs duties;
- Action against dumping and subsidised imports;
- Provision for rebate of custom duties;
- Government policy in respect of the issues already mentioned;
- Trade agreements that influence or determine the issues already mentioned as well as rules of origin and access of South Africa’s dairy industry to foreign markets;
- Technical requirements in respect of import and export.